Gum Disease Treatment in Dubai
Do you know the signs of gum disease? Perhaps you are not even aware you have it. Roughly 50% of all adults over age 30 have some type of gum disease.
Learning the symptoms to look out for, will help you know how to address gum disease. And it is always important to take care of the actual causes, not just the symptoms. Gum disease does not require a simple Band-Aid; it is a major cause of other oral health problems too. If the disease gets really bad, you may require laser gum treatment service.
A few key reasons for gum disease include:
- Lack of disciplined dental care at home.
- Infrequent visits (or no visits at all) to a dentist.
- Poor diet, among others.
This blog from our professional Dubai dental clinic help you identify a handful of gum disease symptoms and teach you how to address gum disease.
Early Warning Signs: How to Detect and Treat Gum Disease
Pay attention to these common signs of gum disease:
- Bleeding gums: Probably the most common symptom of gum disease, bleeding gums occur because the tissue surrounding the teeth is inflamed. Too many bacteria in the mouth contributes to bleeding gums, which is often the result of not brushing and flossing regularly.
- Bad breath: Toxins in bacteria can get into the gums and create a foul odour – bad news for you and the people around you!
- Sensitivity to hot and cold foods: When your gums are not at 100%, small signs can indicate problems. One of the most common signs of disease is extreme sensitivity to hot and cold foods and drinks. Gum disease causes the gums to shrink, meaning food and drinks touch teeth deeper toward the roots.
- Changes in bite: This is a more severe sign of gum disease. If you let the problem go too long, your actual bite may misalign. If your bite does not feel normal, schedule a dental appointment today.
- High blood sugar: The link between Type 2 diabetes and gum disease is strong. Always let your dentist know if you have diabetes. At the same time, if you experience any of these symptoms or suspect you may have gum disease, it is a good idea to get a simple blood sugar test to rule out diabetes.
If you show any of these signs and do not know how to address gum disease, the first step is to ensure you are brushing and flossing regularly. You can also a visit our dental clinic in Dubai for a complete check-up. The dental care experts at Fattan Polyclinic treat gum disease for patients of all ages, from children to senior citizens. If you have not been visited us yet, book an appointment now!